Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hills for Loneliness Seekers



Hills are a wondeful place to be. Pay them a visit and watch them grow on you.


I was never really a hill lover. I have always resented them. My liking has always revolved around the beautiful turquoise seas. So when I decided to travel to Sikkim with my family for the extended puja vacations last autumn, people really didn't know what to make of it. Even my parents were surprised. When we returned home, there was bliss written all over our faces and minds refreshed.


Certain observations from that trip that I'd like to share -

* Book all your tickets well in advance to avoid the rush.
* Take along more than one camera if possible.
* Make an attempt to keep your eyes open during the journey up and downhill or else
you might miss out.
* Go with an open mind.
* Avoid the liquor and intoxicants.
* Take the untrodden path.
* Most of all,enjoy yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment